Sunday, December 18, 2011

project

When a man gives up his project, but is strong enough to know that he has left behind his greatest child, he hears the child scream and it is deafening but perhaps he is a prisoner of war and he cannot make his way back, even despite his strength and his will to fight, he cannot make his way back just yet, and so he finds the old green airfield, he sees where the planes once landed, he sees the abandoned bunkers now inhabited by the tarps of gypsies, all of this was natural to him once, it is sad when a man reflects on just the genesis of his greatness so many years later, but he cries at the sprout which first appeared, but this is his only memory, by now a forest should have been in his stead, but each night he rests on the concrete of others, the anonymous collective labor of others, and he feels the scream of the past deaths of them, of the coming death whimpers of those who will make the next thing he buys and eats. He returns to his child eventually. The child is bitter from abandonment and has been scorned and alone and without his father. He must now tame this vicious creature. “You must start from the beginning. But I will not make this easy, I will mistrust your every word. I will doubt every lesson you illustrate. I am unteachable. If I am indeed your project, I am battle made manifest and I will kill you.”

1 comment:

  1. 47. A man does not find a project or invent one. Rather he receives it.

    ReplyDelete