Saturday, July 2, 2011
Why Ernesto said horses
I don´t know why Ernesto suggested I ride horses. It is a way to see the countryside, an authentic way. This morning, as I left for Ibangue, I ran into the Lion of the Rivers, and he told me I was leaving to late to Ibanque, and I wouldn't make it over the toughest climb in Columbia. Instead he told me to cycle to another town, where I would rest and depart at 7. The woman and the other man looked on. The Lion mapped my entire course for me, each day, all the way back to Cali. He has cycled throughout Colorado and Moab. He was over 60. He was eager and animated and my route is now perfect. But I questioned why he wanted me to ride just 25K outside of Salento, to Calarca, as it seemed too short of a ride. I arrived at the greatest Feria, human life and happiness has never approximated today´s experience. Thousands, woman, food beer, fires on the ground, beauty queens from provinces that transcend my previous conceptions of beauty. I made love to a beautiful woman the night before in a dormitory, and my start was late. But Ernesto has helped me find my way in this country. Moraline led me to Miguel, Miguel led me to Ernesto, and I trust what Miguel and Ernesto have told me. I have a 95K climb tomorrow. in 23K, I will ride from 1300 meters t0 3300. It will be cold at the top. I hope to make it to Ibangue alive, but death means nothing now. I am so happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes. This is certainly happiness.
ReplyDeleteErnesto said horses because if he would have said a bicycle, you most certainly would have been dead, to say nothing of happiness.
ReplyDelete