I discussed with Moraline last night the possibility of leaving Brasil for Argentina and Chile. Brasil has bored me, despite a good attitude and my desire to live here. But Brasil reminds me too much of Colombia, which I already experienced. I have already experienced the feeling of South America--the cities, the hotels, the manner of life. I am tired of the hotels. I want to camp. I want open space. Patagonia may be the only place where I can do this, then return to Brasil.
There is still the possibility I head North to the jungles. But still, this will mean hotel after hotel. The air in these hotels is not good for my lungs. I must close the windows at night due to mosquitoes. I did not want to copy Moraline's journey but the truth is that there are only so many routes in South American that a man can ride to free his soul and despite the popularity Patagonia is rare.
So it is most likely that upon my reaching the Argentinean border I will continue on. I will need to shoes and cycling shorts and a few other things, which I can get in Rosario for cheaper than I can find in Brasil, which has heavy taxes on all imported items, especially items related to cycling and running.
More rain this morning, although now it begins to lighten up.
No comments:
Post a Comment